Most people use mobile apps to help them exercise. These apps allow you to plan your workouts, keep track of your performance and achievements, monitor your health parameters, and find daily motivation to exercise.
Advantages of Using Mobile Apps
Mobile apps are quite successful in replacing a fitness trainer and give you the opportunity to learn new skills to achieve your goals quickly and efficiently. Here are some advantages of using them:
- You are organizing workouts with the user’s lifestyle in mind. Mobile apps allow you to create a personalized schedule and choose the best exercises to achieve the desired results.
- Progress monitoring. The software makes it possible to follow progress, such as the increase in endurance and changes in body weight, which can become a motivation to continue exercising.
- Comfortable use. Mobile apps are available around the clock to train at any convenient time.
- Motivation. They offer different exercise options and challenges.
- Development of interactive qualities. Programs allow you to become a member of sports communities and share your successes, as well as consult with professional coaches.
Popular Apps for Sports Activities
Apps are mainly trackers of jogging, walking, and cycling. They track the main parameters of the training process. The most popular ones are:
- RunKeeper: mainly designed to track the progress of jogging, walking, biking, and more, though it will be especially useful for strength training.
- Runtastic: this allows you to track your workout stats and monitor your progress over time.
- Training tab: with the app, you can choose an exercise plan in accordance with the tasks set, as well as use a voice coach.
- OwenTech: developers offer everyone to choose a workout plan for a month and then start daily exercises and track achievements.
- Runtastic Pro: allows you to monitor detailed workout data based on distance. When viewing the route map, you can monitor information about statistics such as time, distance traveled, and direction. Changes such as incline and pace acceleration or deceleration are broadcast using color.
- MapMyFitness: the app uses the smartphone’s built-in GPS to track workout duration, distance traveled, speed, and other parameters. It has the ability to save and download data.
- Daily Burn: this app is practically a personal trainer. The developers offer individual workout plans, challenges, warm-up exercises, and other features. It is designed for athletes of all fitness levels. The app will track the main parameters, and if necessary, if the user slows down the pace, it will recommend speeding up.
Modern developers offer a wide range of sports and fitness applications that will help you properly create an exercise plan and monitor your achievements, as well as provide recommendations for proper nutrition. When choosing, take into account your specific wishes and the set goal. For motivation, there are statistics on the distance covered, the number of sessions, speed, and progress. Some apps have individual training plans for users of different fitness levels.